Sunday, May 24, 2009

Chick Magnet--Who Me?


So on our walk last night a young, scantily clad, woman smiles at me in front of a Woodside bar. She looks at dad and says, "So do you think that's a chick magnet?"

Now Dad is thinking lots of stuff at this point. The first of which is undoubtedly that I clearly am a chick magnet. I mean, let's face it, I'm a cute dog. It's a gift.

Next he thinks that he's just been insulted. As if scantily clad women never talked to him before I came along. Um, that's kinda true, Dad. I hate to break it to you. Dad said he came close to saying: "Well, you're talking to me, aren't you?"

But Dad who obviously landed mom with his wit, snapped back quickly with this great, great line: "I dunno. You can go and ask my wife."

That made not only her but almost everyone on the corner laugh pretty hard.

So maybe Dad didn't need me to pick up chicks after all and let's face facts once again....

Mom is beautiful. (That's her with me on the right!) Dad did really well and everyone wonders how he got such a beautiful woman to marry him. His answer: "I dunno, maybe she lost a bet or something!"

No comments: