Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Ash Wednesday: Giving Up Barking


I've been such a good dog that dad came back from mass at 7AM to hang out with me for a bit on Ash Wednesday! He even put some of his ashes on my head--but you can barely see them. It also means I can't lick dad on the bald head today!

Today marks the start of Lent and I'm wondering if I should give up barking at other dogs for Lent. That's what Dad would really like. Our trainer friend Laura is coming over soon so I know that the warden is headed back to town soon--so that means I need to straighten up and fly right. And Lent is the perfect time to do that.

Mom and Dad are working hard with me. Dad even taught me to fetch (well OK, I did it twice). But I know a good series of commands now: Sit, Stay, Leave it, Come, Let's go, heel, and sometimes I do lay down.

So 40 days and no barking...let's see how well I do.

No comments: