Thursday, February 5, 2009

Slumdog Millionaire is Awesome

Dad and I watched Slumdog Millionaire in a nice pet-friendly hotel recently and it was absolutely awesome. By far the best movie this dog has seen in some time.

I don't have much of a memory from before mom and dad adopted me, but I think I must've been a street dog at some point. I know intuitively where food is always on the street and I've never met a garbage can I didn't like. Dad too had some meager beginnings in his life, but nothing like folks in the third world do. Dad said the slums pictured in India reminded him of Nicaragua with it's corrugated tin roofs and children smiling and somehow happy. They were ingenious people who struggled but yet always found a way to get by. If any of us were in the situations they are in each day, we'd have a much harder time of it. We have so much to learn from the poor.

Here's Irish director, Danny Boyle with a nice take on the movie.



Go see it. I give it five kibble bowls!

No comments: