Friday, February 13, 2009

Asserting My Dominance


So mom and dad have been ramping up the discipline lately because I've been a bit of a bad dog. I have been barking a lot and haven't been coming when I'm called.

So Mom and Dad escalated their dominance--working with me diligently for 15 minutes a day. Especially mom, whose voice isn't as strong as dad's so she's got a tougher time getting my attention.

So while I've been doing better at listening, I also feel out of sorts. I mean for awhile I was the top dog and now I'm back at the bottom of the pack. It's like when you graduate from 8th grade and then are a lowly high school Freshdog. Not fun.

So I thought I could get my dominance back by marking (that's peeing for you folks who don't speak dog) on the couch. Yeah, that'll show em! Fortunately, mom and dad keep the couch covered so I'm really just peeing on a blanket but they tell me it's still nasty.

Let's just say I'm not their favorite dog right now. I think Lassie and Rin-Tin-Tin might have usurped my popularity in the house alone! Oh well.

Dad's going to work with me until he goes away to Chicago on Monday. Maybe then I can start to have the run of the house again (HONK)! Yikes! That was mom's honking noise that makes me pay attention!

I guess the new sheriff means business!

No comments: