Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Happy Adoption Day to Me


Ohboy, ohboy, ohboy! Today is my special day! I got adopted by Mom and Dad two years ago. I am such a lucky dog. I got saved from the shelter and now I have a nice warm place to sleep, good food and two great "parents."

Dad says that we'll celebrate in a big way on Friday but we had fun playing ball this morning and then I curled up at his feet in my dog bed.

I think that dad's a bit sad that I can't sit with him on the couch but he's starting to see that it's for my own good. I've been a pretty good dog the last two days. Dad's been using a training aid (a clanging light chain in a padded bag-that he and mom can bang near me on the floor to get me to pay attention) and that's helped me sleep better in the mornings. I get up now when they want me to as opposed to when I decide to clang around the crate. So things are becoming more routine.

Please say a prayer for mom. Her great Aunt Minnie (you can't make this stuff up) died this week. They have to go to a wake tonight for her. She was very old and lived a great life. Mom's grandmother was her sister and Mom is comforted by knowing that her grandma is together with her sister again in heaven. Mom knows how
important sisters are, since she misses her two sisters a lot.

So I hope we can celebrate on Friday, Mom and Dad (with a hamburger maybe?) because these have been the best years of my life. I know I have a lot of issues but you've been so patient with me. I promise to try to be a good dog for as long as we're together.

Thanks for adopting me! I love you both.

Love always,

Haze the Dog

No comments: