Monday, November 17, 2008

Dad Was Scary in High School

Dad's 20th high school reunion...look at his yearbook picture!



Dad what was up with this? Your mustache is the color of my fur! You were skinny! OMG...I think I may have been scared of you if I knew you then. Well, since I'm only 3 I guess I was born at the right time--another sign that we were meant to be together!

Mom seemed to have a good time talking with Dad's baseball teammate's (Rob) wife for a bit. Her hubby Rob had a devistating knuckleball. Dad could hit a bit but never really had an arm so he was relegated to keeping the scorebook most games, but when he got in he usually did pretty well--or at least he didn't embarrass himself. Nice guys on that team...he remembers them fondly.

Here are some of dad's friends below.


Dad's friend Liz (they even went to kindergarten together! She might be his oldest friend!) and her brother Joe with Mom.



Dad's friends Christine, Maria, Sonja and Michelle. Maria was in dad's kindergarten class too. Michelle was the class valadictorian! Smarty pants!



Sonja, Joe, Karen and Mom and Dad.

So they didn't allow us dogs to the party--dog bigots, but it looks like everyone had a great time. Dad has nice friends from back in the day although it looked like the guido quotient was pretty high in this school! Mom felt welcomed there and had a good time too--it's always hard to be the "plus one" at these things--unless you're a cute dog and then everyone wants to play with you and pet you! My job is so easy--sit there and be cute and the chicks just come out of the woodwork. I'm the man!

Dad showed my picture to people on his iPod touch to rave reviews he said. So while I wasn't there in person people still got a glimpse of me. It's all about me, y'know. Enough about me...what do YOU think of me?

Dad, I'm glad you had a nice time and thanks for coming home somewhat early to walk me. To dad's high school friends--you have an open invitation from me to come to our home. Let's face it, I run the house and just let mom and dad live there.

Go Saunders Blue Devils!

No comments: