Thursday, June 5, 2008

Obie the Cat


Far be it from me to honor cats at any point in time but occasionally I hear about a cat that I would get along with splendidly. Obie the Cat (pictured, right) who was the pet of the famed Rocco Palmo of the Whispers in the Loggia Blog passed away some time ago and I must've missed that. I usually check the pet death notices daily--just to make sure I'm not in them. Dad thinks I must be Irish being so morbid and all.

But Obie sounded really cool and a lot like your resident Chihuahua. So today I raise my water dish to toast Obie the Cat and deem that cats can indeed sometimes be cool.

Note I said sometimes. The No Cats Allowed sign isn't coming down anytime soon. And they prevent me from going to Camp Healy which has now been overtaken by two cats.

Sorry goes out to the Rocc-Star. His blog is awesome if you are interested in the inside track on the Vatican and all things of a priestly nature--which as you know my Dad is fascinated with.

No comments: