Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Sometimes I just go bonkers!



So I was on a leisurely walk this morning when I saw (Gasp) another dog behind us. I began my growl to defend my territory and started the lunge. Dad tugged on my leash and gave me the "leave him" command and I obeyed nicely for a time.

However...

What dad didn't see was the little Bichon Frise coming across the street. That little Bitch freaked me out and came right up to me without any warning. How dare she--how forward! Next thing you know she'll want to sniff my butt--and I don't do that on a first date!

So I gave a quick growl and SNAP! Off I went, ballistic...paws flying and teeth gnashing. I didn't get to bite her but I gave her a good swat with my claws.

I felt bad afterwards. I know that's not nice or polite. But she asked for it! My first owner never brought other dogs around me and now I just get all out of sorts around other dogs. I'm such an introvert! Can't I just stay home and sit on the couch and watch the Today Show?

Speaking of Today--I'm going to miss Tim Russert. Did you see Dad's article on Russert? It made me cry.

Anyway, Dad told me to say sorry to Ms. Bichon. So I apologize. Aunt Laura the dog trainer friend is going to be making a visit to try to help me further with my problem.

Good news though--I finally do have a kind of doggie friend. There's a big goofy lab who is older and who can tolerate me and I him. She sits behind a fenced in area in the neighborhood and dad brings me by and I bark at first but then calm down and sit near the fence and get a few good sniffs in. I'm doing it! I'm doing it! Now if I could only do it with other dogs!

No comments: